Thursday, October 18, 2007

Meaning of life!

It feels so good to be sitting down and reflecting on the events that have unravelled lately. What seemed like a rollercoaster ride, finally put me on a high note at the end of the day. Yes! I am talking about my nuptial life.

Life's good! No.. no.. this is no LG ad! Life is really good. Shows you everything you see! Being married now, I realize what it is to be a better half of someone. Back at college I remember one of my professors say this, "When two individuals do some project together at work what we should be looking at, is the result or outcome but when we talk out-of-work, what matters is the process of doing it together, no matter what the outcome is." This is something I can vouch for! Living with a person you love and together doing things you love to do is all one would ever call a happy living. With my husband, I'm living very happily!

Soon after our wedding ceremony, we suddenly had so many things to do in so less time! Nonetheless we escaped from everyone and everything for a big 5 days. C'mon now... we are married! And then there were rest of the ceremonies and rituals that had taken place. We also had to visit many pilgrimages to convey our thankfulness to the almighty, which we did. Apart from all this traveling, we also had to go meet relatives and go for our Visas. What a time crunch! Between all this, I got to know Midhun more closely. Now I'm with him every passing minute. The way he does things, the way he talks to everyone, the way he makes people happy... Wow~ I'm amazed at my selection and I'm so proud of it!

He never let me miss my family... my people. He took real good care of me. I know that my mom, dad and sis are not going to take it easily that I'm not going to stay with them then on. They obviously miss me and deep within, I do too. It wasn't so easy for me to move on too inspite of having another big family for myself but for them... it was rough! This rough!

We then flew to the US. Started our brand new life together with just the two of us... and believe me... this is the best thing that ever happened to me. I'm all by myself now! I take decisions on how things have to work around me. Suddenly, I'm the big shot of my town! Felt extremely good. This is the world of our own now. We, Radhika, Tharun, friends et al. I started working the very next week I came here... all for good! I would've got mad sitting idle.

And lo... here it is... my busy little life buzzing with activity, fun, joy, happiness!

No comments: