Monday, June 05, 2006

~Rhapsody~


Bliss!



I've been in a happy mood lately. This statement is probably a rarity in my blog as I have been writing a lot about my sorrow and grief in the past. While it has never been my intention to do so, these were the emotions that are reflected upon on my writings... like you gyz have read here. I was in the rut for a period that is probably too far to remember now. The darker side of my emotions had 'swallowed' me into oblivion and I can't exactly call it 'depression' but it was something close. I tend to gloom over my past and view things negatively. But after a prolonged period of indulging myself in a pathetic and miserable state...((that too unnecessarily)), I started to realise that I was wasting my time away by being down. I mean, why must I drown myself in the sea of sadness? I should live my life to the fullest and be happy. This is where the turning point begins. I started to come to terms with my life. I began to accept the things that had happened to me and try not to put too much blame on myself.... now com'on.... nothing was so tragic afterall.

Come to think about it, it is really peculiar how we always tend to take an unnecessarily longer route to find a solution to our problem. We tend to beat around the bushes or drive around a HUGE roundabout over and over again without any proper direction to head towards. And all of a sudden, you start to realise that everything is wrong. I woke up one morning and asked myself "What have I been doing?" I started to realise that I have two choices when I open my eyes to face the day. Either I want to be happy or sad. It was truly a simple revelation; one that has taken me a long time to realise... that being happy is actually a choice; YOUR choice. Why let our emotions govern our life?!? Instead, it sounds lot better for us to control our emotions so that we can take control of our lives.

I guess one of the important lesson in life is not to put too high expectation on anything. That way, we get to avoid any disapppointments that might set in later. As humans our desires are practically unlimited. We tend to wish for a better career, an ideal lover, a luxury car and a bigger house. We also want a perfect life, a happy family, financial freedom etc. When we fail to achieve those, we become discontented which in turn leads to frustration and ultimately disappointment. May be we feel useless, insignificant and worthless.

Appreciating what we have and making the best out of life is the moral. Life is more than chasing material objects. Life is about finding your true happiness. And I think I have found true happiness in a simple package... It is called 'Rhapsody'... a blissful state! Thanks to Andaman trip... I had a gud n well deserved break. Yessss.... I won... I broke the monotony :D

Pahh...I feel like myself now :)

1 comment:

Bharat said...

I woke up one morning and asked myself "What have I been doing?"

There goes the winner...

It was truly a simple revelation; one that has taken me a long time to realise... that being happy is actually a choice; YOUR choice.

Why did you take so long? You've been the loser. Even I was at this point sometime back. But I feel that I'm back. Stop realising things so late. You've been a loser. But now you deserve more respect coz u lost. You know how to win now... Dont get down. Pick the goddmaned dash and run. not for your life. just run coz u'll feel like...

Three cheers 2 u...
It's an awesome post. Keep it up...